FBP20117 Certificate II in Food Processing
Certificate II in Food Processing, this qualification is designed for application in supervised environments where the work is predictable with some basic problem solving requirements. All work must be carried out to comply with workplace procedures, in accordance with State/Territory food safety, work health and safety and environmental codes, regulations and legislation that apply to the workplace.
This qualification describes the skills and knowledge for food processing workers employed in the following sectors:
- grain processing (including stock feed, animal feeds, milling wheat, barley, oats and flour milling)
- baking (including large scale production of cakes, pastry, bread, biscuits and plant baking)
- retail baking
- beverages (including juices, soft drinks, cordials, aerated and still waters, energy drinks and other modified beverages, such as vitamin and antioxidant beverages, coffee, tea and ice)
- dairy processing
- fruit and vegetables
- grocery products and supplies (including honey, jams, spreads, sauces, dressings, condiments, spices, edible oils and fats and pasta)
There are no entry requirements listed in the training package for this qualification. It is preferred that the students have obtained a minimum of a School Certificate or equivalent. Students are required to; be at least 16 years of age (students under 18 years of age will need a parent or guardian to approve their enrolment).
Students may complete this course through two different pathways:
- Training & Assessment
- Recognition including credit Transfer through national recognition of qualifications issued by other institutions and recognition of Prior Learning
After achieving the Certificate II in Food Processing, candidates may undertake;
- FBP30117 Certificate III in Food Processing
The units of competence shown below have been selected by Gateway Training Academy based on the course purpose.
|Unit Code||Unit Title||Unit Type|
|FDFOHS2001A||Participate in OHS processes||Core|
|FDFOP2063A||Apply quality systems and procedures||Core|
|FDFOP2064A||Provide and apply workplace information||Core|
|MSMENV272||Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices||Core|
|FDFFS2001A||Implement the food safety program and procedures ( Group A)||Elective|
|FBPOPR2001||Work effectively in the food processing industry (Group B)||Elective|
|FDFPPL2001A||Participate in work teams and groups (Group B)||Elective|
|FDFOP2005A||Work in a socially diverse environment (Group B)||Elective|
|FDFOP1003A||Carry out manual handling tasks (Group B)||Elective|
|FDFOP2061A||Use numerical applications in the workplace (Group B)||Elective|
|TLIA2009||Complete and check import/export documentation (Group B)||Elective|
|TLIA2014||Use product knowledge to complete work operations (Group B)||Elective|
|TLIA2021||Despatch stock (Group B)||Elective|
The training program is undertaken over 6-12 months.
Please Contact Gateway Administration Officer for Course Cost Detail: